Basketball and multi-purpose courts are found everywhere from parks and schools to clubs and homes. SportMaster systems are ideal for any indoor or outdoor court surface in any part of the world. Netball, Volleyball, and a variety of activities can be played on an acrylic game court surface.
Why use a SportMaster Surfacing System on your outdoor basketball court or recreational area?
- Court Protection & Maintenance: SportMaster repair and coating products protect and extend the useful life of the asphalt or concrete surface from the sun, weather and environmental contaminants.
- Aesthetics: 14 standard, vibrant colors ensure many years of fade-resistant beauty for your investment.
- Safety & Texture: SportMaster acrylic surfaces are shipped with or without sand. A non-skid surface can be achieved to prevent slippery conditions on a dry or wet sport surface.
- Support: SportMaster Sport Surfaces are stocked and supported throughout the United States and around the world at more than 60 SealMaster locations.
All SportMaster systems can be applied on properly constructed asphalt, concrete, or existing acrylic surfaces. SportMaster has many surfacing options from high-end, professional facilities to a backyard court. If you are interested in getting cost estimates for basketball court construction or resurfacing, contact us for referrals to qualified sport surfacing contractors in your area.
These illustrations show examples of recommended installation steps:
ColorPlus & Standard Court System
Cushioned Court System
The SportMaster® ColorPlus™ System is Revolutionizing the Tennis Court Surfacing Industry.
How the System Works: The ColorPlus™ System consists of a 100% acrylic Neutral Concentrate™ (available with or without sand) and the ColorPlus™ Pigment Dispersion. What is truly remarkable about the ColorPlus™ System is the fact that only 2 gallons of ColorPlus™ Pigment are needed to colorize an entire 30 gallon keg of Neutral Concentrate™.
Ease of Mixing: ColorPlus™ is a highly concentrated pigment dispersion that disperses readily in Neutral Concentrate™. Our proprietary technology enables ColorPlus™ to disperse completely with minimal mixing.
Exceptional Quality: The ultra-fine particle size of the ColorPlus™ Pigment Dispersion produces vibrant, consistent color quality on the court surface.
Greater Inventory Control: By stocking a single base product, contractors are able to optimize warehouse space and reduce shipping costs. The ColorPlus™ System takes much of the guesswork out of ordering color coatings. Contractors simply maintain a minimal level of ColorPlus™ Pigment in one gallon pails.
Bulk Options: The ColorPlus system is also available in a unique bulk system that is perfect for minimizing drum usage and disposal. For more information on the ColorPlus Bulk System, watch the video or contact your SportMaster representative.
Standard Color System
SportMaster Color Concentrate (or Color Concentrate with sand) is also available as an alternative to the ColorPlus system. Color Concentrate has already been pigmented so only the addition of sand and water is required prior to application.
The SkateMaster System
The SkateMaster system provides a durable, harder surface. SkateMaster is a great choice for basketball, multi-purpose courts and recreational areas with increased levels of play or activity. The surface can be customized with different amounts and sizes of sand for the desired texture. SkateMaster is an ideal surface for Shuffleboard and sports where a smoother and more durable surface is required. Contact a SportMaster representative for assistance with customizing the surface to meet your needs.
Pro Cushion System
The ProCushion System, depicted in the illustration above, is the ultimate professional and residential cushioned surface for basketball and multi-purpose courts. This 100% acrylic coating system is designed to provide optimum resilience and spin responsive play. The shock absorbing layers of the ProCushion system provide unparalleled player comfort at an affordable cost. Flexible acrylic binders maximize the feel of the rubber granules for decades after application.
Pro Cushion System Components
The standard ProCushion System consists of 1 to 2 coats of Acrylic Resurfacer, 3 coats of CushionMaster™ II, 2 coats of CushionMaster™ I, and 2 coats of CushionMaster™ Neutral Base with ColorPlus™ Pigment Dispersion. SportMaster Color Concentrate or the SportMaster ColorPlus™ System may be substituted for the CushionMaster™ Neutral Base with ColorPlus™ Pigment Dispersion. (This is the standard system installation. Custom levels of cushion can also be achieved by adding or removing layers. Talk to a SportMaster representative for details.)
Each layer in the systems serve a specific purpose, and contribute to the quality of the finished court.
- Vibrant, consistent finishes allow speed of play specification. (Available in a popular palette of colors)
- Multiple acrylic color coating layers form the firm, uniform and durable wearing surface.
- CushionMaster is an enhancement that provides dynamic response to body impact, attenuates foot and leg shock, and reduces fatigue.
- Acrylic Resurfacer is the base coat that fills voids in the pavement and adds texture for the cushion granules to “grab” onto during application.
- SportMaster Systems can be installed indoors or outdoors, on asphalt or concrete.
- Additional SportMaster products are used for patching, leveling and crack sealing.
SportMaster surfaces can be used for a variety of sports and applications. Contact us for assistance in matching up or customizing the right surface for your project.